Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Christmas in Jul-...April?

Ok look, I know when Christmas really is...December 31st.  This I promise you is an old post.
So, I saw some trees like this in a Pottery Barn magazine last winter and loved them!
I saw some cardboard cones at the craft store and they immediately gave me the idea!
After finding the cones, I searched and searched for something "Christmasy" to wrap around the beauties and ended up choosing some glitter mesh.  Tule would work as well.


In the picture above, you can see the golden sheen under the mesh on the cones, this is mattalic acrylic paint I had on hand. I chose gold because that was the color of the mesh...I also made a red set of trees for my sister and used metallic red paint so they would match better.  Anyway, you get the picture!

I used hot glue to glue the mesh to the top of the cones then wrapped it down gluing a couple places as I went.  when I got to the bottom, I trimmed the mesh and "liberally" glued...never too much glue right? ;]
This is the finished product.  I couldn't possibly be any happier with them!
My mom loved them too- so I made her a set and they are still up!

Ok...maybe it is Christmas in April!


Let me know what you think!
Meg

No comments: