Monday, April 18, 2011

Easy+Cheap=WONDERFUL!

This may be the EASIEST and CHEAPEST craft you will ever see!


I was at DI the other day walking up and down the isles doing my normal rounds and glanced to my left and saw some really old books.

  They reminded me of some books I saw on Pottery Barn for $39 smackers...$39?!? (and that was for just ONE bundle of books...NOT the whole display!)
Book Bundle
YIKES! I am much to cheap (and poor) for this! 
So I saw the old books and picked out a few that had old yellowed pages for $1 each.


Then, when I got home, I grabbed some jute I had on hand and began pulling the covers of the books off.
I then grouped them together to make them symmetrical and wrapped the jute around tight so the books wouldnt fall out.
NO glue, NO measuring, No stress!

Now, you can't really see it, but the book below is a William Shakespeare book (this was the only one more than a dollar...it was $1.50)...all of his classics in one...and I tore the cover off!  AH!! So so so sorry Bill...
So, who needs Pottery Barn for $39 bucks?  Not this Poor college student!

Let me know what you think!

Meg

1 comment:

Aislinn said...

so cute definitely doing this in my house