Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Onesies for Evelyn!

Four weeks ago, our friends brought their first little baby into the world. 
 SHE IS GORGEOUS!
I wanated to do something creative and personalized for her and this is what I came up with:
I cut out all the patterns on paper then hacked away at some felt. 
I accidentally used vinyl wonder under from the fabric store instead of the standard wonder under I shoule have used...oops :[ Anyway, the vinyl wonder under worked just fine!  After ironing the felt together starting with the top layers, (on the owl it was his pupils...that you can barely see in the picture...and his eyelids) I sewed around the shapes to seal it all up.

When the object was complete, I W.U.ed and sewed the shape onto the onesie.

Tips: remember which shape goes where!  I almost messed this one up when I got ahead of myself.
Another tip: WASH FELT AND ONESIES BEFORE CUTTING ANYTHING!  You will be glad you did once you see how much it shrinks...obvious? Maybe, but still important!

The "E" is for Evelyn...adorable right?
...My favorite is the owl...
She will grow into them before we know it!  Too bad that day has to come.

She is beautiful!

Keep on Crafting!

Meg

No comments: