Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Runner and Bows for the table and chairs!

Weddings are stressful and they make you do crazy things.  One day  in the middle of wedding planning (we had just gotten done planning things with the decorator) I was envisioning our reception as most brides do, and I thought of the backs of the chairs and how they would be tied with cute yellow bows.

Then my mind started it's subconcious thinking of how to concoct the same for my chairs.

I remembered that I had bought some fabric to make a table cloth out of and thought it would be adorable to make them all match and opt for just a table runner instead of a tablecloth.

This is what I came up with:


And then for the bows on the chairs, I cut the fabric about 4" thick and probably 3 feet long.  For the runner and the bows, I surged all the edges then folded them under and sewed along each side to be sure nothing would fray in the washer.  Josh helped me test that out (thanks honey!) when he spilled O.J. on the runner so I cautiously ran it through the wash and it did great!

So, he really did help!  Now I can have peace of mind that they won't fall apart!

Here is one of the bows:
 

And the whole table:

Notice my poor striped quilt huddled on the couch...click to see that tutorial!

By the way, the table: $15 at DI.  The chairs: Walmart $20 each...The table was wooden so we sanded that and sprayed it with Ivory Krylon then glazed it with Ralph Lauren glaze in Black Silk.  The chairs are made of wood but they came painted white so we Painted them ivory and glazed them as well!  I LOVE how they turned out!

Tell me what you think!
***Remember, you could win a customized version of this, you just have to become a follower!***

Meg

No comments: