Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Coasters made from Terra Cotta

There are two things that I feel have endless possibilities: Wreaths and Coasters.
I have lots and lots of wreaths but no coasters so I decided to make some!

I was looking and looking for something out of the ordinary to make my coasters out of one night while walking up and downt the isles of the craft store and then I got it: terra cotta plant trays!

This was so easy! I picked up 6 of these puppies for .99 cents each and painted them bright green.  There is no other color that would do them justice!

Then, I found some paper that would match and you can kind of see it in the bottom right corner of the screen and modge podged (M.P.) it into place.
Then, I put a layer of M.P. (hey, those are my initials...I never realized that!) all over the outsides of the coasters and hot glued a circle of felt to the bottom so they wouldn't scratch the tables.



And this is how they turned out!  This was so easy and so creatively endless! 

Thanks to my awesome sister-in-law Melissa for the cute mug!


Now my tables will be drip free!
Let me know what you think!

Meg

No comments: