Sunday, July 24, 2011

Dot and Lace Headbands

My sister Katelyn, the one who moved the New York, had a birthday the day after they left.  Talk about a tough birthday!  She cuts hair and has adorable hair herself.  She loves headbands so I wanted to make her a couple for her last birthday that we would celebrate all together.
I went to the craft room and looked in my arsenal of fabric and found this adorable red and polka-dot fabric.  I knew she would love it!


I wanted to make her something out of the ordinary and something I thought up just to be unique and give her something special.
I cut a strip about 3 inches wide and about 18 inches long, folded the ends into arrows and then zig-zagged it along the headband. I like it and hope she does!


Once again, if you know me, you know I love pearls and I had some lace laying around so I decided to do just a basic flower with a leaf in lace.



Tada!  The last one I loved way too much to only make her one...I had to duplicate it for myself!

Let me know what you think!
Thanks for the support!

Meg

No comments: