Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Few of my Favorite things...

Just so you all can get to know me on more of a personal level, I wanted to share with you some of my most favorite things :]
...Hopefully I don't bore you all to pieces...

Ok, so my favorite movie? It would have to be August Rush.  I love movies like this that are all mushy gushy and you KNOW they will have a happy ending but just for purposes of the plot, they drag you through the whole movie and show every reason why it won't turn out ok. Yep, that's my favorite kind of movie :]  So predictable :]
(and I think August is just the most adorable little boy in the world!)



Speaking of August Rush, my favorite Month would have to be August!
Why? You may ask, because my birthday it August 24th.  Even in Idaho, it has NEVER snowed on my birthday.  It seems to always be nice and warm and sunny just how summer should be...I better watch it this year, now it's probably gonna pour!


My favorite color is Yellow...ask my husband...

My favorite food? ALL THE FRUIT IN THE WORLD!!!!
I go crazy for fruit!  I love it all! You can never go wrong when it comes to me and fruit.


My favorite place to be (besides home) would most definitely have to be the Oregon Coast.
This is one of the very first family vacations took place.
This is where I ate an oyster shooter (yuck...but I don't regret it!)
This is where we honeymooned.
This is where I first touched the ocean.
This is where I first saw a shark and jellyfish in real life.
This is my favorite place!

(We really did see this on our honeymoon...the sea lions were just sleeping and if another one would swim up and want on the dock, the half asleep sea lions would bark at him! Talk about grouchy...)

My favorite special on the Discovery Channel is Shark Week...you can also ask Josh about this one...at the Newport, Oregon Aquarium, I kept saying "oh my heck this is JUST like Shark Week!" and he just thought I was crazy...oh well :]

My favorite color to paint my fingernails is gray...don't ask me why...it just seems like a good fingernail color...

My favorite pastime is crafting hence why I have this blog :]



My favorite temple is the Idaho Falls Temple.  This is where my Family went to be sealed two different times when the blessings of my little brothers came into our home.  This is where I first learned the importance of marrying someone inside the temple.  This is where Josh and I were sealed for time and eternity.  It is truly heaven on earth!

My favorite scripture is D&C 121...pretty much the first half of this section.  It is when Joseph Smith is in Liberty Jail and he prays to Heavenly Father and asks why he hasn't been helping him and the saints.  Then Joseph is told that if he will just "hang on" and be patient in his suffering, everything is going to work out and he will be blessed for his patience and faith.  I know that every single one of us goes through hard times and even if you're not a member of the LDS church, this scripture brings comfort every time.  Gotta love it!

My favorite day of the week has recently changed!  It used to be tuesdays but now, after getting this new job and being constantly busy doing something I love from 8 to 5 monday to friday, my new favorite day is Sunday :]
It really is a day of rest and I love going to church with Josh and learning new things:] Sunday is a special day:]

And last but not least:
My favorite husband is Josh :]
We found each other and I am so thankful for that.  I'm so thankful for all the times that he cheers me up and makes me laugh.  I love it when I wake up in the middle of the night and I can hear his soft, gently, non-annoying, peaceful snores..yes, he snores but it is so peaceful!
I'm so thankful for the sweet things he does for me.  The day my sister Katelyn, her husband Doug, and my sweet little nephew Krew moved to Buffalo, New York, Josh came home early from work while I was at the grocery store and he had, through his extra points at Melaleuca, got me a knife set so I would stop accidentally cutting my fingers on our cheap steak knives whose blades bend (OW!) He had cleaned the house and was folding our laundry when I got home:] 
I love that he knows how to work hard and he has the ability to fix almost anything around the house or the cars.  He is so smart and I'm thankful for his desire to do what is right.
I'm thankful that he served a mission and really learned to love being in a 3rd world country instead of find all the reasons to dislike it.
I'm thankful that he took me to the temple and we were able to be sealed.
I'm so lucky!


So, what are your favorite things?

Meg

No comments: