Saturday, July 2, 2011

Kitchen Art :]



WE JUST MOVED IN!

One room that I don't have many decorations for yet is our kitchen.  We have all the kitchen gadgets I could ever need but it needed a little "Spicing up."  I had seen this done a few years ago (don't ask me where...) and thought it would be fun to do in my own kitchen.

I got 2 frames from DI for ¢0.75 each and two sets of silverware for ¢0.25 each piece.  

 



And I spray painted everything white (so the colored acrylic paint would stick better and I wouldnt have to do 1,000,000 layers.




Then I painted one set red and the other turquoise (the colors i'm using in the kitchen are red, yellow, and turquoise.)



I already had some colored paper laying around so I just cut two rectangles so they would fit the frames.



Last, I hot glued the forks, knives, and spoons to the glass and hung them up in an empty space on the wall.  Each frame cost about $1.50...WHAT A DEAL?!




I think they turned out perfectly!  This was such a fun project and if I had another kitchen I would totally do it again!

Let me know what you think!

Meg

No comments: