Friday, September 23, 2011

Easy Candy Corn Wreath

I have been wanting to show you guys this for weeks now!  Last fall, my sister Katelyn bought one of these puppies at a garage sale and ever since, I have had wreath envy.  So what do I do? I make my own!


This wreath is so simple I won't even show you the steps!  I used a 16" foam wreath, brown spray paint, modge podge, and 1 1/2 small bags of candy corn.  First, spray paint your wreath.  You can use black or brown or orange...pretty much any color you wish :]  I found that dark spray paint will help the candy stand out.  After it is all dry, start on the outer, back edge and glue the candy corn so they are all facing one direction.  Next row, switch directions and keep working around the foam until it's all done.  When I was finished, I painted on a thin layer of modge podge to keep the candy corn from falling off or cracking.  Then hang that baby up and you have yourself a simple, fall/halloween wreath!  Let me know how it goes!

Hope you have a great day!

Meg

5 comments:

Ashley@Heart2Heart said...

That looks SO DELICIOUS and so beautiful!! Candy corn is my absolute favorite! Thank you so much for the inspiration! I can't wait to make one! :) I found your blog on the shine project.

Megan @ Meg's Craft Creations said...

Thank you Ashley! It was so quick and easy too! I thought it would take forever but really, it was a great afternoon project!

lindsay said...

This is so cute!! I probably would of ate all the candy corn before I glued it on. It's my weakness. Great job!! Love it.

Lori said...

that looks AMAZING and so adorable!

thanks for sharing!

please stop on by:
http://www.penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

Momcob said...

Thanks for the inspiration. I don't usually do "crafty" but managed to find some time last week and made this wreath. I love it!