Friday, September 16, 2011

I'm Falling for Fall!


I've been sick and couldn't help but show you all what Josh came home from class with.  He is so good to me!  I don't know what I would do without him!  See? Striped like a zebra :]


Ok, on to the craft!  So I have had a couple books kicking around from DI.  I just knew I would use them!  I got this one from DI for $1, it had about 400 pages.

To start off, I tore all the pages out of the book...keep them all attached to each other...it will help in the long run!  See the little sections towards the spine of the book?  I'll talk about those babies later!

Next draw out the shape of the pumpkin you want to create.  I would highly recommend tracing the WHOLE thing out instead of just one half...that way you can really get a feel of what it's going to look like...this saved my skin from making a pear shaped pumpkin...

THEN you can cut it in half!  I labeled the top and bottom...probably not necessary, I just thought I would lost track.

Back to the book.  Remember the spines I talked about?  Trace and cut out the pumpkin shape a few pages at a time.  I found the hard way that if you start to just trace the previously cut pages instead of the stencil, the pumpkin will just start growing and growing...so, word to the wise, just trace the stencil...it saves some heartache:]  After about 200 pages (you could use anywhere from 180-220) are cut out, get rid of the extra binding of the book left on the top and bottom of the pumpkin.  Hot glue the first page and the last page together.  *Only glue in lines right next to and parallel to the binding.*  I glued a lot so don't be shy, just separate the pages from each other so they don't stick together and add some glue where it is needed.

I think I found the right color:]  Just slap that paint on in quick sprays being careful to keep the paint can at a slight distance.

And there you have it!  Some nice little pumpkins to keep your living room happy when it's fall!  I'm so excited for the seasons to change!  My scarves, cardigans, and boots miss me!

Let me know how your's go!

Meg

1 comment:

_kArLy[*] said...

Those are so cute and fun! I love it!
-karly