Sunday, October 30, 2011

Wonderful Weekend:]


 We had a great weekend in this house!
First off, if you need a last minute Halloween treat, click HERE for the recipe for these delicious cookies:]  They were a hit.  I used my mom's recipe for icing:

6T. Butter
4 1/2 to 4 3/4 c. powdered sugar
1 1/2 t. vanilla
1/4 c. milk
Mix everything together and store extras in the fridge.

I quartered the icing recipe for these cookies and had the perfect amount.


To make the spider web designs, I swirled some icing around the cookie, took a toothpick and ran it from the center of the cookie to the edge about 16 times...make sure to do this while the icing is still really soft, don't let it dry too much or none of the icing will pull when you drag it out to the edges.


And the rest are pretty self explanatory:]


I love the spiderwebs...but the skull and cross bones were also adorable:]  Josh liked the spiders the best:]
On another note, I went to my sister Ashley's house on Saturday, to draw this on her baby's wall:


She didn't want to go with a traditional pink room so she painted the walls yellow and after I traced the tree on the wall, she will paint it black, then hang little picture frames from the branches.  Such a cute idea!
So here is her wall before:


She will send me pictures after she paints the tree in:]  I can't wait to see it!
Josh was teasing me because he thinks i'm a blogasaurus:]  I think he just likes to tease me for the fun of it though:]
He was so wonderful to tag along and I'm so thankful that he cares about all this artsy crafty stuff...and I try to support him as much as I can when it comes to cars and tools:]  I'm so lucky to have such a supportive, loving, husband:]


Don't let the face fool you, he had a blast!  Haha ok probably not the most eventful day ever, but it was so nice to spend it together!
I hope you all had a wonderful Sunday and that everybody has a great Halloween tomorrow!
Have a spooky day!
Meg

No comments: