Friday, November 4, 2011

All We Need...

After Halloween, my brain automatically switches into Christmas mood.  This year has been different though.  Usually the stress doesn't start until about December 10th.  This year, it started November 1st. We are newlyweds, we are poor college student newlyweds and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I get stressed, and when I do, poor Josh has the job to make me unstressed again.  So when the stress started, my mind began racing wondering how this year would be special when we are (once again,) poor college student newlyweds.  

Josh asked me Wednesday what I wanted for Christmas, and I couldn't think of anything off the bat.  Then his mom asked me, and I realized, I don't need anything.  I've got Josh and we have our families.


And that is what matters most.


Struggling now, as most college students and newlyweds do, is good and healthy for us.  We can't have everything now, we shouldn't, and we don't, but we have been so blessed that I don't mind that we will have a smaller Christmas this year.  Our families are growing, we have a new nephew that we will hopefully meet soon, and our first niece will be joining our family in March.  This is what matters.

We are healthy, we have wonderful jobs and loving families.  This means so much more to me than being able to have a "big" Christmas, in the long run, blessings, like family, make life big.  If the Pettet's life was put on a scale, it would be over-sized and I am so thankful for that.  We are not rich when it comes to the world's standard, but we are so rich with things that matter most.

Our Christmas will be special, our first as husband and wife.
Christmas is still almost two months away, but don't stress.  Count the blessings you have and I'm sure that it will be easy to see that we really don't need things, we have been richly blessed.

All we need, is each other.
Meg

5 comments:

The Cantelmo Family said...

You are so right! We don't need anything!! I can totally relate!

Liz @ thequickjourney.blogspot.com said...

ahhh... i totally understand! i went and bought some boots from target today and i'm going to take them back. because i don't NEED them... i selfishly wanted them. it's okay to not have money to spend on whatever you want. it builds character and discipline. thank you for showing me i'm not the only one...

Digger said...

This post is Wonderful!!! I Love those pictures!! I'm a new follower to your blog. It's wonderful! I'll be back to read more! :)

Digger ~xoxo~
www.digdeeperdesign.blogspot.com

the lowes said...

so sweet and true - we have been married for 8 years (we started out college students as newlyweds too!) and we still just want each other and our families - its good to realize that early on... :) blessings to yall- what a gorgeous couple!!

The Pettet Family! said...

Meg, I don't know where you find all your wisdom. I wish we had that 30 years ago. Thank you so much for joining our family.
Stuff is just stuff and we will always need it. When we leave this world we will have no "stuff" so treasures in heaven are better to look forward to...