Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Easy Rolo Turtles

I have never had a turtle before, but I saw these beauties on Pinterest and had to try them!  This last week beat me up, so what do I do when life is running all over me?  EAT TREATS.  So simple:]

Anyway, so first, lay out some aluminum foil on a cookie sheet and lay out some pretzels all nice and organized, then top those suckers with a Rolo.  I used about a half of a bag of pretzels and two bags of Rolos.  So after these guys are ready, pop them in the oven at 350 degrees for 3-4 minutes.  The Rolos should look all shiny and nice, but make sure they aren't melting and losing form!


Ooo!  This is my favorite part, gently push M&M's or pecans onto the Rolos.  This is seriously therapeutic:]


I was thinking that they would cool off in a half hour or so, this was not so!  After two hours I put them in the fridge for about 15 minutes and the problem was solved!  They came out beautiful!


They were a hit!  If you don't have kiddo's like us, be sure to share if you are scared to pack on the pounds.  If you do, more of an excuse to keep more of them around!
I don't think we will have another holiday season without these delicious little bites!

Hope you enjoy them!
Meg

No comments: