Thursday, November 17, 2011

from my heart to my hands.


Right now is the first few moments of Thanksgiving Break for me.  I just got home, my wonderful husband was waiting for me and now we are enjoying some hot chocolate as we listen to the rain pouring outside.

Right now is one of those times that I feel I need to express what is on my heart.  It's time to be real.  That is what I always want to be on this blog.  Hang with me...I don't mean to bore you all with my ramblings but I know I need to express what I am thankful for.

You know those times when life starts getting you down and all you can do is think about the negative?  I have been in that rut this week.  

Tonight in English, I had a fourteen page paper due plus another three page paper.  That is seventeen pages.  Those two papers have been heavy on my mind this whole week.  But I am thankful because I got them done and I am fairly confident that I will do pretty ok on them. 

School, to say the least, keeps me busy.  I hear of moms who are going to school and taking the same classes as me and I think "how do you do it?"  Right now I feel like school is my baby.  Besides Josh, it is a huge priority in my life.  It is what keeps me up at night, not kids.  School is important to me, I am young and I need to finish while I can, but that doesn't mean it is my first choice.  But still, I wouldn't trade where I'm at.  It is alright with me that I am giving my time to school for now.  
I am thankful for school. 

I am thankful for this blessed, much needed, break.
I am thankful for the rain outside.
I am thankful for those extra five minutes snuggling in bed before our snooze alarm goes off.
I am thankful for every time I go to the grocery store, I always come out below budget.
I am thankful for my wonderful job.
I am thankful for our beliefs and how they lift us when those rough days come around.
I am thankful for my wonderful family.

I am thankful for Josh and how he treats me like a million dollar wife.  He can always tell when I am at my whits end after a rough day of school and work.  He does the dishes too often and folds laundry.  He works hard.  I am so proud of him and his recent change of mind concerning his degree.  He will be wonderful and I can't wait for this next semester when he will really get into the good stuff that he loves.  Monday was our six month anniversary and even though he had a fever, we went out and celebrated.  He loves me and I love him.  
I am thankful for the past six months being married to him.

I am thankful.

So, what is on your heart?  What are you thankful for?

Meg



2 comments:

Clara Turbay said...

i always enjoy this blog.

http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

Chels said...

This is super cute megs. I love it. Your so talented.