Wednesday, November 9, 2011

New Nightstands!

Next Monday is our six month anniversary!  (Yes, I count and I cannot wait for our half-year anniversary!!)  Since before we were married, I have been looking for nightstands that wouldn't break our very small bank and that would look fantastic with our headboard (which I will show you later this week!)  A couple weeks ago, Josh and I went to Shelley to spend some time with my sister.  She was awesome enough to show us a secret store that I have seen advertizements for all over Craigslist.  It's a little place right off the Highway called Hidden Treasures and it is furniture heaven.  Se we searched and searched, and finally, Josh found these:

Just plain wooden nightstands...


So I sanded them, and primed them...


And after much thought and deliberation, I decided to paint them just plain black.  Normally, I don't go for black furniture, just because it seems like that is a fad right now, but, I always make exceptions and I felt it was the best match to our headboard.


 Before, the handles were plain brass handles, but I decided to go with an antique white.


Remember the Easy Pottery Barn Books? Click HERE for the tutorial!


And a sneak peek of our headboard...our infamous headboard:]
I am so happy with how the nightstands turned out!  After six months without one, I can't tell you how thankful I am for one now!

Hope you all had a lovely day!
Stop by tomorrow for a wonderful guest post!

Meg

3 comments:

Janna said...

Awesome~ I love how you re-did them

Megan @ Meg's Craft Creations said...

Thank you Janna! Hope all is well with the family! Give Brittany a hug for me! Love you all!

The Pettet Family! said...

I can't believe the shape of that jeep!! So many blessings Meg! Thanks for being our new daughter! I couldn't have picked a better person for our son!