Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas Garland

This fall, we had some garland hanging from a shelf in our living room, but now it is December and we needed an update!
I wanted something simple, and something cheap.  I accomplished both of those things with this new Christmas garland, and here is how I did it:
First, cut out the squares with letters, and patterned paper.  My letter squares were 3 1/2 inches, and the other two squares were 4 inches and 4 1/2 inches.


I'm in love with this gray/silver paper!  I love how the pattern is kind of snow-flakey:]
This would also be a great way to add some color to a room or mix it up with some different patterns, mine as you can see, do not match, but they add some great personality to the room!


The next step is optional, but I broke out the distressing ink and roughed up the edges.  I wanted this to have and anthro/PB look to it.


Then, glue the letter squares onto the medium squares, and the medium squares onto the large squares.  Run a line of glue across the back of the largest square and press the hemp into the glue.


Then hang it up!




This garland was cheap and simple, just how I like it;]  Hopefully it was pretty self-explanatory, but if you have any questions, put them in the comments!  Have a happy weekend!

Meg

No comments: