Sunday, December 18, 2011

...YES!

One year ago today, we made history.
I am writing this mostly for us, so bear with me!

  
To start the night off, we went to a friend's reception, Josh caught the garter;] Then off to the mall to listen to our brother-in-law Kent play the saxophone. While there, Josh got a call from a friend who was stuck up in the hills east of town and needed help getting his truck unstuck from the snow.  We rushed back to Josh's and got blankets, water, a shovel etc...everything you would ever possibly need to get someone unstuck.

We drove for about 30 minutes following some tracks in the snow, until the tracks disappeared.  I asked where they went and Josh so smoothly said: "oh, he came in from another way."  I am gullible and he knows those hills so I believed him.

Five minutes later, he pulled over and went searching around in the back of the jeep.  I asked what he was looking for and he said: "oh just my CB radio so we can maybe talk to them."  When he couldn't find it, I remember thinking: "man, he always has that thing..."

So we kept driving for five more minutes, and up onto a smaller hill overlooking the road that wound down the valley.  Josh stopped the jeep and said: "hey, could you get out and look for boulders?"  I jumped out but still thought this was weird because he has great big tires that could go over any boulder in Idaho.  After scouting around I started getting back in to warm up, but Josh jumped out.

I followed him to the very top of the hill and looked down at the road for any sign of Josh's friend, nothing.  I started hinting that we should get back in the jeep, when Josh said: "wait, I need to ask you something."  It was then that I began to panic thinking I hadn't rehearsed what I was going to say to him.  I thought: "No!  It's happening and I haven't thought about this yet!"  He knelt down on one knee in the snow and asked me to marry him.  Out of his pocket, he pulled out my ring that HE had picked out all by himself.  I couldn't believe my eyes!  I remember yelling: "How did you do it?!"  Josh smiled and said: "well, what is your answer?"  I wrapped my arms around his neck and said "yes!  YES!"  I think that answer will do just fine:]

After that, we went over and in the light of the jeep, Josh put my BEAUTIFUL ring on my finger.  He then told me that he had invited our families to the Cocoa Bean, a cupcake place in Idaho Falls, and they were all there waiting for us!  We finished the night with cupcakes and then sitting on his parent's couch, looking at my ring in the light of the Christmas Tree.  What a day!

I am so glad that Josh asked me that very important question.  He cracks me up every day and I am so thankful that he is my wonderful husband.  I don't know where I would be without him!
Today is special, and that is why:]

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!
Meg


No comments: