Monday, April 16, 2012

My Latest Project...

Ok, yes, I COMPLETELY missed the month of March. NO POSTS.  I can explain:


Meet BABY PETTET!
Pretty good reason to miss the WHOLE month of March right?
My heart is beating out of my chest just typing this, we feel so incredibly blessed to be given such a sweet gift!

Our little bean is due October 23, 2012 and we couldn't be more excited!

The end of February, the whole month of March, and thus far into April have been a challenge trying to keep things in my stomach, but with the love and support of my parents, my sweet sister Abi (for letting me rest when she comes in to work) and my wonderful husband (for doing dishes, cleaning, and satisfying my crazy cravings), we are surviving!  
***DISCLAIMER: I didn't get NEARLY as sick as my older sisters did, I feel so blessed that way.  I have no room to complain from seeing how bad it was for them.***

I think I am on the uphill climb now, but the last 7 weeks, I have been in and out of the bathroom tending to my morning most-of-the-day sickness and in and out of the fridge tending to some wicked cravings.  You always hear about pregnancy cravings, but I don't think there is any way to describe them until you have been there, done that.  I always thought it was an excuse to eat whatever you want, but no!  They are real.  I believe now!

I found a fun way to keep myself, and you all (because you are dying to hear I am sure;]) updated with this pregnancy from THIS FABULOUS BLOG so I can look back and remember this exciting journey:]

This Far in Pregnancy:

How far along?: 13 weeks
Weight gain/loss:  Lost one pound in the last four weeks.  I can work on that ;) BRING ON THE CRAVINGS!
Symptoms:  Other than being sick and cravings (have I mentioned that yet?), a few headaches and a sore back, wanting to fall asleep by 2pm, and I can smell EVERYTHING!  If you know me, you would know that my nose is not the best at functioning, but boy has that changed!  (As much as I sound like I am complaining, I am so thankful for these symptoms!)
Maternity clothes?:  Since 6 weeks, I haven't been able to button my pants, now the rubber band isn't even cutting it.  I finally ordered a tummy sleeve and swimsuit so I will be ready for the summer!
How is the sleep?:  Pretty good, I have had a few nights that I wake up and cannot for the life of me fall back asleep...Now if I could take naps in the afternoons, I know I would sleep good then!
Best moment this far?:  Getting to see the little bean on ultrasound!  It kept wiggling around and stretching.  Melt. My. Heart.  How is it possible to love it so much already?
Told family and friends?:  My parents found out on their own at 10 weeks just shy of when we planned on telling them.  They have the "Grandparent" instinct tuned to a T.  My mom asked me about it and I couldn't keep it in :)  Then we mailed off pictures (it is below) to our families and a couple close friends.  SO glad we were able to do this!  Our plans went perfectly and the element of surprise was definitely there!
Miss anything?:  Spray paint. Being able to fit into my pants like a normal person... oh and sushi...but that is pretty much it!  I am so thankful for this new life even though I have to make some sacrifices, it is so worth it!
Any movement?:  Nothing yet, just my imagination!
Cravings?:  Holy Toledo...watermelon, fish sticks (?!?!?), cheap Hostess brownies, Doritos...I don't know how I managed to lose a pound...gummy bears...cinnamon rolls...at least all of these are stretched out over 13 weeks right?  My list better be shorter next week...
Anything make you queasy or sick?:  Weird smells, taking out my retainers (yes, I still wear them...lucky Josh...) in the mornings, empty stomach.  Taking my prenatal vitamins...they smell so weird!  It's probably just me!
Have you started to show yet?:  I just look like I ate a lot...
Gender prediction:  I had a haunch it was a boy until we saw in on the ultrasound, then I thought maybe girl?  My mom and dad think it's a girl, they have that amazing grandparent instinct so I am skeptical they are right, but either way, we will be thrilled! Pros with each:)
Any labor signs?:  Heavens no...
Belly button in or out?:  In, although it looks really weird...more shallow maybe?
Any "pregnancy" moments?:  A few weeks ago, Josh came home from work and found me on the couch crying like a baby.  He said "Meg, what's wrong?" with the saddest look on his face.  All I could say through the tears was: "I just want a brownie!"  He jumped up and said "don't worry!  I will go get one!" and ran out the door.  Ten minutes later, he was back with a brownie:) Man, I love that guy:)  He has been so good to me!
Looking forward to:  Cooking again, feeling the babe move, finding out the gender!  NOT HAVING TO KEEP THE SECRET ANYMORE!

That was a mouthful!  I promise I will make it shorter!  Just had to catch up for the last 13 weeks:)
Now for more pictures...


 This is the picture we mailed off to our families:)  I am so glad we were able to plan and carry out a clever way to get the news out!  We knew that if we said "ok, we need to come over and talk to the family," it wouldn't be nearly as surprising, and they would become suspicious:)  Plus, who doesn't love getting mail?


This is me, a day shy of 13 weeks...I look like I am half asleep just standing there!
The bump has lovingly been dubbed "the cupcake," as in, I look like I ate 30.  Josh is so good at taking pictures:)  Thanks honey!

Well, sorry that was soooo long, I don't want to forget anything!
I am so glad I can finally share this exciting time with all of you!

I DO have crafts to show you!!!  Just not today, I am about ready to fall asleep after one post!
I hope you all have a wonderful day!  It feels so good to be back to blogging!

Love, Meg




2 comments:

lindsay said...

Oh my!!! Yay! Yay! Yay!! Congrats! I am super happy for you and your hubster. You're going to be a great Momma. Can't wait to see you're plans for the nursery!!

Cassie said...

I am guessing it is a girl due to all the cravings...sounds like me 7 months ago! Congrats! Children are absolutely wonderful and so cute!