Wednesday, May 23, 2012

18 Weeks



How far along?:  18 Weeks!  From head to bottom, baby is the size of a bell pepper!
Weight gain/loss:  5lbs.+
Symptoms:  Achy tailbone, and cravings.
Maternity clothes?:  Leggings, tummy sleeve, and a couple shirts...I am dying to break out my swimsuit! 
How is the sleep?:  Good!  Lovin' the body pillow!
Best moment this week?:  Seeing baby in our anatomy scan and hearing that so far, all is well and healthy!  We got to see the sweet thing open its mouth, kick lots, and empty its bladder, big accomplishments! ;)
Told family and friends?: Yes!
Miss anything?:  Lunch meat:( This sweet baby is way better than anything I miss though!  Can't complain one bit!
Any movement?: And LOTS of it! Baby P is a mover and a shaker!  I sneezed the other morning and I am convinced the poor thing was doing cartwheels!
Cravings?: Fruit all the way!  Especially pineapple.
Anything make you queasy or sick?: Nothing much this week...good feeling!
Have you started to show yet?:  Yes, lots of comments from strangers.
Gender prediction:  At our ultrasound, the tech said 75% boy! Or 25% girl...so it is still up in the air!  Poor thing was sitting Indian style so I wiggled around, then when they uncrossed their legs, the umbilical chord was perfectly hiding everything we needed to see!  A few more weeks and we will know for sure.
Any labor signs?:  Nope
Belly button in or out?:  Haha oh that thing is looking strange!  Almost flat, Josh is really not excited to see it inside-out...so much that I think he has nightmares!
Any "pregnancy" moments?:  Haha yes, I was setting up the babe's swing and carseat/stroller, and just started bawling cause I was so happy our baby would be sitting in these things in just a few short months! 
Looking forward to:  FINDING OUT THE GENDER!!!!!!!! And Josh feeling some movement from the outside:)

In other news:

I walked into the nursery this morning and found our balloons like that!  Maybe it means something?!  75% boy eh? ;)


Baby's swing that I know will be a hit!  It has a built in mirror for the baby to look at himself/herself as they swing:)


And the car seat and stroller:)

Now for some ultrasound pics:
This one is of baby's foot, we didn't realize the scary Halloween face until we got home!


And the profile:


And the gymnast!  The tech said I was having a Braxton Hicks right here and that is why baby is all scrunched up:(  Poor little thing!



On the last 3D picture, the tech was describing what we were looking at and she completely freaked me out by calling the umbilical chord (which you can see to the right of the head) the spinal chord and I thought: "why is it clear up there?!"  It was so cool to see our baby in 3D!  It became much more real and it makes me so thankful for the technology we have!

I can't believe how in love I am with this little one already:)
Have a great day!
Meg

No comments: