Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Books for Baby

One thing I want to be sure to do is read to our kids.  Some of my favorite memories growing up center around books and I want to be able to provide that for this little one:)  The last couple weeks, I have started collecting some of my favorites from when I was little, and the more books we get, the more I remember that we need!  So here are my finds this far:


I LOVE Dr. Seuss!   His imagination is wild and I love it!


A Bad Case of Stripes- I love this one!  It's about a girl who tried to fit in until she sprouted stripes.  The only cure was to eat lima beans (which she loved but was scared to admit) so she ate them and realized she didn't care what other people thought.  Love it!

The Magic School Bus, Where the Wild Things Are, If you Give a Pig a Pancake...

The Teeny Tiny Ghost-I loved this one growing up!  And we needed a Halloween story for Baby's first Halloween!

 

Love You Forever- My mom always teared up reading this one, I didn't understand why until it came in the mail and I teared up just flipping through the pages.  I am definitely my mother's daughter!

And, Pigs Can't Fly!

I love our collection so far!
This is my Vision for bookshelves:


Thank heavens my dad is so handy when it comes to making things!  (Thanks for helping dad!)
They will go in this corner with a beanbag or chair for when he/she gets bigger:


Excuse the sewing machine :)


And last but not least, our crib!  I LOVE IT!
Just something about those curvy legs ;)

I hope you all have a wonderful day!
Meg

No comments: